I remember the first time I heard about Survey Junkie. Quite often, a new survey company is created, and it tries to convince you that you can make a lot of money in just 5 minutes. But in the end, most of these aren’t worth your time.
Fortunately, there are a few that surprise me. I love being wrong! So, what about Survey Junkie?
I must confess that when I first heard the name, I felt a bit skeptical. Regardless, I gave it a try, and I was surprised by what I found.
In short, is Survey Junkie scam – no. Is Survey Junkie legit – yes. If you want to know how much money you can earn, or are there any pro tips or mistakes to avoid, then continue reading this Survey Junkie review!
See also: 9 Best Paid Online Surveys to Make Money
Table of Contents
In this article, I will show you all there is to know about an excellent survey platform called Survey Junkie.
You will find answers to all of your FQAs if you read about the company behind Survey Junkie, how it works, how much money you can make, everything about the sign-up process, all of its advantages and disadvantages, and what makes it different from the rest.
Just stick around and let me show you how to use Survey Junkie!
Go to: SurveyJunkie’s website
All About Survey Junkie
SurveyJunkie is not just a survey company. It is a popular market research business that was created in 2011. As of now, this company has over 10 million members. What makes it interesting? Well, Survey Junkie provides direct communication between brands and consumers. This way, brands know what people want, and people make money to give their opinion.
If you become a member of Survey Junkie, you will have access to plenty of survey opportunities. It is not just a way to make money. You can also help your favorite brands to create better products.
Go to: SurveyJunkie’s website
How Does it Work?
Let’s begin with the basics. Like many other survey research companies, you can register for free. Currently, it only accepts members from the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Now here it is where it gets interesting. Survey Junkie runs on “points.” Yes, you read correctly. By completing surveys, you will earn a specific amount of points. Then you can trade in those points for actual money.
Every survey pays differently. You can make anywhere from $2 to $75 depending on the study and brand. Of course, some rules never change. For example, the longer the survey, the higher the money. Additionally, there are “focus groups,” which you can join to make extra money.
One big differentiator with Survey Junkie (in comparison with other survey websites) is that even if you complete a survey and you don’t qualify, you still earn points for it. As you may know, many survey sites will not give you points if you don’t qualify. All I can tell you is that it is very frustrating to get disqualified over and over again and to make matters worse, you don’t get any points for your time! Luckily, this is not the case with Survey Junkie.
Will you get access to many surveys?
When it comes to surveying sites, the hardest limitation to making money is the survey availability. Usually, most survey platforms do not have enough surveys to satisfy the needs of all their clients. There is nothing worse to become a member of a survey site that continuously run out of studies. Fortunately, that is not the case of Survey Junkie.
When I used it, I can affirm that Survey Junkie is very different in that department. I honestly found that it has more than enough surveys to keep you busy for days. That doesn’t mean that you will always find an endless amount of surveys. Sometimes, there may be no available surveys, but this doesn’t last for long.
In addition to the high amount of surveys offered, Survey Junkie picks those surveys that match your profile. It’s great because you are pre-selected to join surveys for that you qualify. This prevents you from starting a survey that does not fit your knowledge at all. Another thing that you should know is that you can even get disqualified in the middle of a survey, but this rarely happens.
Overall, I think that it is excellent to work with this company. You will not get any major headaches! If you have had a bad experience with another survey site, maybe Survey Junkie can do some healing! And if you run into any problems, do not hesitate to reach out to customer service. You will be amazed at how fast they reply to your queries. Trust me, I tried.
How much money will you make for taking surveys?
At this point, you should know that it is highly unlikely to get rich by taking surveys. I mean, to make a million dollars, you would have to do at least a quarter-million surveys! That is insane. Nevertheless, you can make some extra money without significant complications. As I told you, the rewards for each survey tend to vary, but even if you don’t fully commit to taking surveys, you will make some extra money each month.
You need to take advantage of how exciting this industry is. Your opinion is valuable, what you think can make you money. When you sign up, you will earn many points, and once you want to cash out, you will get real money or gift cards.
How can you sign up?
Signing up is fast. Go to the Survey Junkie homepage and click on “Join Now.” You can either join by using Facebook, Google, or via email. You will also have to provide your zip code, email address, gender, date of birth, and a password. The whole process won’t take more than 20 seconds. And you know what the best part is? For signing up, you get 25 points already.
Go to: SurveyJunkie’s website
Afterward, you need to complete a 16-question profile, which will earn you an extra 50 points. These questions are straightforward. They are usually about the demographic background and family questions. It is not mandatory to answer.
You can decline to answer any question that you are uncomfortable with. Also, by answering some questions, you unlock additional ones that involve family medical history and habits. Once you are done, you need to take a “How it works tour,” and you are good to go.
This whole process, which takes you less than 30 minutes, will earn you about $2:
- Signing up: 25 points
- Complete profile: 50 points
- Provide email: 25 points
- “How it Works” tour: 5 points
- Profile surveys: 10 points each
Before you start taking surveys, make sure that you complete your profile survey because this is the only way that the system knows more about you! This means that you will get more chances to apply for higher-paying surveys. When you are on the lookout for surveys, you will notice how each will tell you how long it’s supposed to take.
Generally, some surveys pay “well,” meaning 40 points for just 5 minutes. Others don’t pay so well, 40 points for 20 minutes. Always try to pick those surveys that don’t take too much time. That way, you can get more done. Now, be careful. When I tried the Junkie Survey, I would start a survey, and then, halfway through, I was disqualified, which stinks (even though I got a few points for my troubles)! After that, I tried not to pick long surveys unless I was entirely sure that I qualified.
Another major strength of Survey Junkie is how quickly you’ll get the points. I tried other similar websites, and getting my points would take a day, maybe even more. In this site, you get your points instantly. Another great thing is that you get emails very frequently telling you about surveys that you are eligible to take.
What do you do with your points?
Now that you are more knowledgeable of Survey Junkie, we can get down to business. As you know, this website rewards you in points instead of real money, even though this doesn’t mean that you won’t get your money in the end. However, I do understand why they do this. Some people don’t want to get cash for points but e-gift cards. It is also cheaper, faster, and easier to manage by the website. It depends on what you prefer. You have both options.
Survey Junkie has a fixed rate, meaning that for every 100 points you make, you earn a dollar. Its minimum threshold for cashing out is just 1,000 or $10. It may sound reasonable to you, but in reality, this threshold of $10 is one of the lowest you will see in any survey site! Usually, most survey platforms force you to make $20 or $25 before you can cash out.
However, there is a catch. If you want to cash out, then you must cash-out all of your points. You cannot choose to withdraw a specific amount of money. If you have 4000 points, then you will get your $40 or gift cards (they come in sets of $10, $15, etc.). You can’t leave points behind.
Another critical thing to know is that your points will not expire as long as you remain relatively active on your account. I tried this aspect, as well. I took a survey every 12 months, and I was able to keep my points on my account. On other websites, my points expired after some time, which made me very angry. Luckily, Survey Junkie is not like that. Your points will remain active if you complete one survey per year.
How to maximize your earnings?
Now, the next step is knowing how to maximize your earnings! Make sure you do the following:
- Do every demographic survey. If you find a demographic survey available, you need to do it right away because that will enable you to get to do more targeted surveys that pay more.
- Make sure to use a second email. You can create a second account if you have another email address. It will allow you to make twice as many. But in return, you will spend much more time doing surveys which can be tiring.
- Even though there is no Survey Junkie app, it is mobile optimized. It means that you can access Survey Junkie anywhere and anytime. If you access it on your phone, you will notice that it has a user-friendly interface that is easy to load and use on your smartphone. You should exploit this, especially during your free time at work or on the bus!
- Don’t cheat! All of these survey platforms have algorithms that can recognize people that complete surveys faster than usual. They can tell if you are clicking buttons if your answers don’t correspond. In other words, you must take the necessary time to mark the correct answer. Even if this takes up more time, it will pay off in the long run.
- Make sure that you confirm your email, and you complete your profile survey to earn 75 points upfront. As you will see, these are high-value points for little time invested.
- Create a checklist!
As a regular user of the Junkie Survey, I advise you to have a daily checklist. This way, you will get more money for your time. With this said, the first piece of advice that I can give you is to take 2 to 3 surveys a day (only for the first few weeks). You don’t need to tire yourself out. You need to commit to Junkie Survey, and it won’t do you any good to start strong and then quit after a few days. That is just a waste of time! Plus, this becomes a problem because it doesn’t allow the website to become familiar with your demographic. Never stop doing surveys. Over time, you will get better surveys.
Also, you must compare time versus the points you will get. Every time you are going to take a survey, I suggest that you compare the estimated time it will take you to complete it fully (correctly) versus the full amount of points that you’ll earn. Pick those surveys that will give you more points for a little amount of time. For example, I remember a time I did two surveys, each for 55 points. Do you know what the best part was? The first one took me 9 minutes and the second one 18 minutes. That meant a dollar in less than half an hour, which is useful when it comes to Survey Junkie.
The last thing you should do is install the extension for better-targeted surveys. This extension can help you target higher-paying surveys. And trust me, that is the ultimate goal.
Advantages of Survey Junkie
There are many advantages to using this site:
- Survey Junkie is very easy to use. Its interface is clean and straightforward.
- If you are new to survey platforms, you will learn how to use it very fast, and you can start making money quickly.
- You can use your PayPal account to cash out the money. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to convert your points into cash.
- Other survey panel sites only offer gift card options or a physical check. PayPal is the simplest way to get access to your money.
- Survey Junkie has one of the lowest minimum thresholds to cash out (1000 points). It can be done in less than a month! This is a great advantage because most survey platforms require that you have $20 or more to get access to money. Survey Junkie understands that it is your money, and you want it as fast as possible.
- Survey Junkie is very straightforward, meaning that you only need to worry about completing surveys. In other survey sites, you can do other complementary activities to earn money. This is a distraction! While this may sound great at first, you will notice how it makes you divide your attention among too many activities. Pick the site that doesn’t have too many rules to maximize your earnings.
- It is free to sign up. Some sites have different memberships. Survey Junkie has a straightforward system: it is free for everyone.
- There are focus groups. Not many survey platforms offer this possibility. It means that in addition to taking surveys, you can also make money by taking part in focus groups. This is just like taking a survey, but it is a bit more complicated, and it gives you way more money! Of course, it is not so easy to enter one as you have to fit the target demographic, but if you do, you will make some pretty fast cash.
- You can earn money from your couch. If you have a laptop or smartphone and an internet connection, you can complete surveys anywhere! Therefore, if you have the spare time during your day, you can put it to use by completing surveys in Survey Junkie.
- Even if you get disqualified, you earn money. This is a great opportunity that not every survey site offers. You will see that whenever you start a survey, and you don’t qualify to finish it, Survey Junkie will give you a small amount of money just for trying (usually 3 points)! So, even if you can’t finish, you get something for the time invested.
- Survey Junkie is an excellent way to connect with many survey providers. Technically, this site is not a survey provider. It is just an intermediary that connects customers with surveys. Survey Junkie is not, so it is your responsibility to complete each survey that you choose. Furthermore, Survey Junkie has ways to protect you, of course. It has a strict data policy, and it doesn’t use any real personal information. Not many survey sites let you earn money by not providing that much information. That is why Survey Junkie is so great! It just functions as a dashboard where you can choose which surveys you want!
- I already told you that it is free to sign up, but you also don’t have to pay for anything else! It is entirely free to use. You will find some adds and promotions, but this is just a way for the company to make more money. However, if users get spams, Survey Junkie blocks those emails. Ironically, you can tell if a survey platform is a scam id, it doesn’t have ads or promotions and does not ask for your email.
Disadvantages of Survey Junkie
There are also several disadvantages to using Survey Junkie. As you know, it is crucial that you understand the bad as well as the good:
- The biggest problem with Survey Junkie is that many users have complained that their accounts were closed randomly. According to them, they received no notifications or warning about the closure. They just logged in, and everything was gone. Even if this doesn’t happen often, it’s a problem that you need to consider before joining this survey site. This is not a problem of Survey Junkie alone; it happens with other similar sites as well.
- Surveys can run out fast. This is a significant problem; you don’t check your Survey Junkie account often because you’ll miss out on a lot. You could also start a survey only to find that it’s already filled up!
- Likewise, there has been a lot of complaints from users that they didn’t get the payout when they requested it. They say that they asked for a transfer to their PayPal or a gift card, but they never received it. Sometimes they were able to contact customer service, and they got their money. In other cases, that never happened. You should know that this is not common, but it has happened.
- It is better to take the survey on a laptop. Even if you can complete surveys on smartphones, it is much easier to do it on a traditional computer. This can be a problem for those people that are always on the road.
- You won’t get the survey subjects beforehand. This is a significant problem when it comes down to the disqualification issue. Since the survey listings don’t include any information about the subject of the survey, you won’t know if you qualify. It is very much like a bet! Don’t be surprised to end up filling a survey with a very random topic that doesn’t interest you. I hope that at some point, they decide to show the issues in advance. This will save both money and time.
- On top of that, Survey Junkie has an annoying habit of sending you invites to surveys that you don’t qualify for! You may think that because Survey Junkie sent you the invite, that you are qualified for it. Wrong! Even though each survey starts with some basic questions, you can end up disqualified in a heartbeat. As you know, when this happens, you won’t get that many points.
- Using Survey Junkie is not a way to get rich. If you are looking for a way to get a lot of money, Survey Junkie isn’t the best option. This doesn’t mean that it isn’t an excellent option to get extra cash for special occasions. Nevertheless, it’s not life-changing money.
- Last but not least, if you don’t live in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand, you can’t join Survey Junkie. As of now, the site only accepts members from these countries. If you live anywhere else, well back luck! Don’t worry, though, eventually they will expand their reach to your location. I’m sure of it.
Is this a legit website?
You need to get something obvious. People always wonder about the authenticity of survey websites and trust me; you should too. Survey Junkie is not perfect, but it is real and completely legal.
If you are afraid of having your personal information stolen or not getting paid at all, don’t worry. Survey Junkie is a genuinely legit way to earn some money. After extensive research, I can tell you that there is nothing shady about this company (this doesn’t mean that it has no problems). Furthermore, if you usually run background checks on the Better Business Bureau, you will see that this company has an A+ rating.
What makes Survey Junkie different from the rest?
As you may have seen in the past, many survey companies include other reward categories in their system. I think that this is a mistake and a mislead for customers. The worst you can encounter is the offers! Offers are a way for the website to give you points to join a subscription that you’ll have to cancel later on. However, sometimes canceling is difficult, or people forget to do it. What’s the result? They end up with a bill at then of the month.
Fortunately, Survey Junkie is different. Ever since it was founded, it has remained true to its core. They still have problems as you just saw, but they try to maintain the site simple and easy to understand. They do get complaints, but these are about procedural issues like not getting paid or getting disqualified. You won’t see any offer related claims, because they don’t allow any offers!
Survey Junkie is Best For Who?
This survey platform is ideal for:
- People who need a little extra cash fast and for little effort.
- Someone who is looking to make money anywhere and anytime.
- People who don’t have that much free time but they want to use it for good. As you know, anybody can take surveys, and it just takes a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, people who love to give their opinions. That is the very essence of completing a survey. Plus, you will get paid for it.
Who Should Avoid Survey Junkie?
This survey platform is a problem for:
- Someone that wants to make money for doing nothing. Even though Survey Junkie is an easy way to make money, you still have to complete many surveys.
- Someone that is looking to get rich overnight. This won’t happen if you use Junkie Survey! Therefore, if you are looking to make a lot of money, it is best to stay clear of Survey Junkie.
All considered, the only thing I don’t like about Survey Junkie is its name. If you are looking to complete surveys, this is a great site. I believe that they are very upfront about their business. They clearly explain to you that you won’t get rich, but you can use your free time to make a few extra bucks.
Likewise, its points system is straightforward. For every 100 points, you get $1. There is nothing weird about it, and there are no discounts. It is just that! What you see is exactly what you get. Plus, it is beneficial to know how you can convert your points to dollars or gift cards.
There are no other ways to earn points! You can only focus on completing surveys or taking part in focus groups. This is great because it doesn’t mislead you into getting involved with some “funny” stuff. Trust when I tell that this is a significant strength point! I tried other websites that made me think I was making a lot of money when, in reality, I wasn’t.
Go to: SurveyJunkie’s website
After reading all this, you should be wondering if joining Survey Junkie is worth your time. I know that every person is different, and they undergo different experiences from using Survey Junkie, but generally, I can tell that they have a good time! As you know, there are hundreds of ways to make money online. One of those is survey sites. So, if you are looking for an easy way to earn money, Survey Junkie is a great option.
Never forget to be realistic. Don’t expect to make thousands of dollars in little time. And do not quit your day job to dedicate all your time to complete surveys. It is not worth it! This is just a side gig opportunity to make easy cash each month. Completing surveys will not be able to pay for your entire financial plan, but a portion of it.
Like I said before, there are ways to maximize your earnings. Make sure you follow the steps, and you will see the results. If you get a chance, give Survey Junkie a chance. Everyone loves making money! This is a fun way to do it. Trust me on that. You don’t need to dedicate endless working hours. Just use your spare time for something different. And if you are familiar with completing surveys, then Survey Junkie will be a heaven for you. I can guarantee that.
Go to the home page and start the sign-up process. Give it a try. If you don’t like it, you can always look for other survey sites. But this one is one of the best I have encountered.
Go to: SurveyJunkie’s website